One of the most important things that I did after I truly forgave myself through Christ, was to read God’s word. I googled scriptures about forgiveness and was in awe of how many there are about God’s forgiveness towards us.
I chose to stand on those promises. I read them daily and accept them into my life as the truths that they are. It is a blessing how putting God’s word into our hearts can change the way we think and how we react.
Here are several of the scriptures that brought healing to my life and still remain as precious reminders to this day.
- This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (NLT)
- But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. ~ 1 John 1:7-9 (NLT)
- For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NLT)
- Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. ~ Romans 5:1-2 (NLT)
- Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything. ~ 1 John 3:20 (NLT)
This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault. But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. ~ Colossians 1:21-23 (NLT)
For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. ~ Psalm 103:11-13 (NLT)
- For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son (Christ), who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins. ~ Colossians 1:13-14
“Come now, let’s settle this,” says the lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool. ~ Isaiah 1:18 (NLT)
- Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” ~ John 8:31-32 (NLT)
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure. And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan. ~ Ephesians 1:4-11 (NLT)
- “… and I (God) will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.” ~ Jeremiah 21:34 (NLT)
- So Christ has truly set us free. ~ Galatians 5:1 (NLT)
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” ~ Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
“I—yes, I alone—will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again. ~ Isaiah 43:25
This song speaks so much truth about God’s mercy & grace. The Rhett Walker Band is awesome!